Thursday, December 24, 2009

One: Loneliest Number

The biggest mistake I've made over the past year is: trying to work on ten projects all at once. It's so difficult to say no to a project that is new and exciting and WILL BE SO GREAT!

But the problem with dating around is that you never get the golden anniversary dinner. I've got a lot of great stuff 80% finished, but no final products and no money earned from writing.

So over the next year, I'm working on ONE thing at a time. I think it's going to do a lot for both my ability to meet my goals, and the quality of my work.

My proof is: by working on one story hardcore over the last few weeks, I've seen an improvement in both those things.

So my writing priority starting Jan. 1 is: my novel's third draft.

And, of course, researching the non-fiction. But that's not really writing, so it doesn't count, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment