Friday, April 24, 2009

Can't get a black-market script to save my life, and am freaked by Susan Boyle's sex life. Guess I'm just naive.

The only actual scripts I can find to base my spec. formatting on are Gawker's badly photo-copied bits and pieces.

Ugh!

Luckily, the formatting looks pretty conventional. The action descriptions seem unusually melodramatic... but over the top is kind of my cup of tea.

Ok, time to stop worrying about dumb things.

CULTURE THOUGHT OF THE DAY (CTotD):
I know this is superficial, but the most shocking thing to me about the Susan Boyle-diamond-in-the-rough thing is: she's forty-seven and she's never been kissed?! HOW?!

I mean, it's not weird that someone in the world has a wonderful voice-- and why shouldn't that person be Susan Boyle, after all? But I thought *everyone* over age fifteen had been kissed at least *once*-- right? right?!

Ok, on to----- UPDATES!!!

RE: GOSSIP GIRL
Apparently nobody else expects Chuck Bass to (try to?) kill himself. I was talking about Gossip Girl with the high schoolers I work with, and when I mentioned how disturbed I was by his drinking, they acted like I was crazy. Not only that-- they didn't even know what I was talking about when I referenced him being drunk. WHAT?! So I went on the Television without Pity forum... and nobody on there seemed freaked, either. Ok(?)

RE: ZOMBIFICATION OF THE NATION
Since my essay went up on the South Wing, I've been getting great feedback. It feels WONDERFUL. I don't give a sh*t if a guy says I'm pretty, I don't give a sh*t if my friends say I'm nice... but boy, will I kill for some positive writing feedback. I've got to work some short-term projects into my schedule, so I get a bit of that necter once in a while.

RE: PRIORITIES AND FOCUS
Even though I want to launch back into my novel, this is SPEC. time, and damnnit, I'm sticking with my word and working *only* on it. It's tough, but I think it's worth it. Ok, so I've been thinking about places to submit my articles, and yes, I'm getting feedback on some novel segmentes tomorrow from my writers' group, and yes, I've also asked for feedback on my query. BUT, in terms of my writing time/work, it's ALL about the spec right now.

P.S.
Do I cuss a lot? Feel like there's a lot of cussing in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment