Tuesday, February 24, 2009

go BIG or go home

So, I've got these zombies.  And they're attacking lots of people.  But the problem is: how many people should they attack?

(That sounds like it's going to be a tongue-twister.  Peter Piper picked.... anyway).

My instinct is for them to kill EVERYBODY (or, ahem, everybody but the hero, and maybe her dog).  Because.... why not?  They can, right?  

But there's another part of me that says.... well, zombies crawling out of sewer pipes and tearing through hospitals and taking over a news station WHILE the anchors are alerting everyone to the threat is a little.... melodramatic.

I want Die Hard, not From Dusk to Dawn.  Buffy the Vampire Slayer, not 24.  Jurassic Park, not Flowers in the Attic.  You know, fun, not hokey.

BUT WHAT'S THE LINE BETWEEN CAMP AND KICK-ASS?

And Jesus Christ, I just realized that was the subject I chose for my last college paper.  

No comments:

Post a Comment