Thursday, February 19, 2009

Rabbit at Rest

Not that I could ever finished a single book of that series; I read in one of them how the smell of Rabbit's stepsister's period filled the house every month and made Rabbit really horny, and decided not to try to like them anymore.

ANYWAY, I didn't write at all this morning.  Or this afternoon.  I sat around reading Jurassic Park and being as cheerful as possible. 

I had a vacation day because 1. I didn't get called in to work, where I usually end up writing during my free time/lunch.  2.  I just COULDN'T stand to edit.  3.  I got some bad/annoying news and was feeling under the weather.  

But oddly, I don't feel unproductive.  Because sometime around mid-afternoon, my brain started up its brainstorming all on its own.  There's an outline for the last part of my thriller brewing in there, and tonight I'm going to work with it.  

And THAT is the good thing about keeping up a rigorous writing schedule; after a while, your brain and body just settles down to work all on its own.  Just like you get hungry at dinnertime and sleepy at bedtime, at writing-time, you're brain just gets whirring.

It's like I'm delegating the work somehow.  Awesome, huh? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment